Q: I have a 97 mountaineer that is dumping brake fluid. The brakes suddenly went soft while driving how do I diagnosis the problem

I was driving a car cut me off causing me to brake hard my brakes went soft and as soon as I refill the brake fluid it all pours back out

The problem sounds like a brake hose blew out in the process of the sudden stop. You should have the fluid filled and when someone pushes the brakes locate where the fluid is coming from. If a hose blew out then all hoses should be inspected for damage and the broke hose replaced and system bled out using a scanner to activate the ABS bleed function to get all the air out of the system.

• I have a 97 mountaineer that is dumping brake fluid. The brakes suddenly went soft while driving how do I diagnosis the problem