Q: I have a 97 jeer grand Cherokee. The mechanic said that the front wheel abs sensor needs to be replaced and that if it can't be re

What would cause a front wheel abs sensor to break during removal and does this breakage cause the need for having to also replace the bearing?

Hi there:

The ABS sensor is attached to the wheel hub and is typically made from plastic or a low grade steel. It can break if it’s removed rather easily if it’s never been replaced before. However, it’s not attached to the inner wheel bearing; so if the wheel bearings are damaged, it wouldn’t have been caused by the removal of the ABS sensor. If you’re looking for another opinion or would like to have a professional mechanic come to you and complete a wheel bearing replacement, contact one of our professional mechanics.

• I have a 97 jeer grand Cherokee. The mechanic said that the front wheel abs sensor needs to be replaced and that if it can't be re