Q: I have a 97 f150. Put a new trans in the truck. It has reverse but no forwards. Which is the same thing the old trans was doing

I have a 97 f150. Put a new trans in the truck. It has reverse but no forwards. Which is the same thing the old trans was doing

Hi there. Unfortunately, without knowing the details of what exactly was replaced or removed during this service, it’s very difficult to pinpoint why this is happening to your vehicle. In most cases, when a transmission engages reverse but not a forward gear, it’s caused by an electrical solenoid failure or shift sensor that is attached to the outer case of the transmission. This communicates with the ECU of your Ford truck and tells the transmission when to shift and how much hydraulic fluid to flow through the inner components of the transmission. It’s possible that the root source of your shifting problem was not the transmission itself, but one of the multiple electrical sensors that helps to operate the transmission. I would recommend having one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection, so they can diagnose this issue for you and recommend or complete the right repairs for you.

3. I have a 97 f150. Put a new trans in the truck. It has reverse but no forwards. Which is the same thing the old trans was doing