Q: I have a '95 cavalier I recently unplugged the TCC sensor and I was driving then the car just stopped but engine was still running.

I have a 95 cavalier I recently unplugged the tcc sensor and I was driving then the car just stopped but engine was still running now when I shift into drive it wont move in any gear

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid is located in the transmission control module (valve body). The solenoid should be easy to remove without taking off the valve body. Remove the side oil pan to the transmission and drain the oil from that pan. While looking at the valve body, remove the left lower solenoid. This is the TCC solenoid. Put a new one in and put the side pan back on. Put new transmission oil back in and fill it up to the full mark. Test drive the vehicle and see if the solenoid works. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to diagnose and assist you with your engine cutting off from a faulty TCC solenoid.

3. I have a '95 cavalier I recently unplugged the TCC sensor and I was driving then the car just stopped but engine was still running.