Q: I have a 94 Chevy S10 4.3 L L S I am trying to remove the transmission to repair the clutch but need to know if I have to remove t

I have a 94 Chevy S10 LS with a 4.3 L Transmission is not working so well with the clutch so I'm replacing the clutch do I have to remove or take off the starter in order to take off the transmission

This job cannot be performed without the factory service manual in hand as there are too many critical bolts (including frame bolts) that must be torqued to factory specification and, as well, the flywheel surface MUST be measured for run out with a dial indicator, and possibly re-surfaced, if you are to have any chance at a reasonable outcome. On many models, the starter does not have to be removed but if you have the NVG 3500 transmission, there is an inspection cover plate that must be removed to remove the transmission and that cover plate can only be accessed if you remove the starter. In any event, the exact instructions for your specific transmission are in the factory service manual and due to the mandatory torque specs, the job cannot be done without that service manual in hand. If you desire an expert inspection and repair of the clutch, please request service using YourMechanic’s clutch system diagnostic/repair/replacement service page and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly and professionally. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I have a 94 Chevy S10 4.3 L L S I am trying to remove the transmission to repair the clutch but need to know if I have to remove t