Q: Brake caliper sticking

My trucks left front brake caliper sticks bad once in awhile. I be replaced it twice over last 4-5 yrs but it still does it occasionally. Let it set awhile and it operates fine unti it decides to do it again. Current caliper is only 1yr old

Hi There, A few different things can make the brakes stick as you describe. The master cylinder may be causing this if it has not been properly bled. If you loosen the lines to the master cylinder and they free up, this is where your problem stems from. In other cases, the problem may be in the brake lines cause the pressure to continue to maintain in the caliper resulting in them sticking as well. Try cracking the bleeder valve to see if this frees them up. If this does not free them up, you may have a caliper that could have a damaged piston that may be causing them to stick. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your braking system.

3. Brake caliper sticking