Q: I have a 91' toyota corolla. My brake light will not go off on its own

I have a 91' toyota corolla. My brake light will not go off on its own unless I wedge something under the pedal (Brakes still work fine). Would that be a brake light sensor? If so would it be a fairly easy fix or do I need a mechanic?

The brake light switch lives under the dashboard near the top of the Brake pedal. The witch may be loose or broken, or there may be a problem with the pedal return spring. If you crawl under the dashboard with a flashlight and work the brake pedal by hand you can see the switch operating. Replacing the switch is not a big deal, but if you are not used to working in tight spaces and awkward positions, you may find it too hard. For help, contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to replace your brake light switch right there on the spot.

3. I have a 91' toyota corolla. My brake light will not go off on its own