Q: I have a 91 cadillac deville with 90,000 miles. If i drive short distances it runs great...if i drive long distance (45 min +) esp

My 91 deville runs great driving short distances but when i drive longer (45 minutes+) it will begin to sputter and if i try to accelerate nothing happens. I usually pull over and shut off the engine. If I'm stopped at a light when this is happening then it will not accelerate and seems to want to shut off. It will restart fine and will drive but almost immediately will start sputtering again. This seems to happen on hot days and longer trips. Any ideas?

Hi there. When mechanical systems operate for extended periods, or heat is developed, minor issues tend to be amplified; especially with fuel system components like dirty or clogged fuel injectors, air fuel mixture components or fuel and air filters that are dirty. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an engine is sputtering inspection. This will allow them to isolate the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. I have a 91 cadillac deville with 90,000 miles. If i drive short distances it runs great...if i drive long distance (45 min +) esp