Q: I have a 55 chevy that was converted from drum brakes to manual disc/drum hard brake petal

When you first start driving the car the brake system seem to operate normal but after a few time applying the brakes the pedal gets really hard to the point in order to stop the car you have to push really really hard to get it to stop if you had to panic stop no way.

You will need to have the brake system evaluated to see if the conversion was first done correctly with the proper master cylinder for having disc/drum brakes. The brakes may get too hard if there is binding caliper or wheel cylinder pistons and slides. Have a mechanic check the complete brake system. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform a thorough brake system inspection and make necessary repairs.

3. I have a 55 chevy that was converted from drum brakes to manual disc/drum hard brake petal