Q: I have a 3800 engine the motor is good but it's getting hard to start and sometimes it's stalls out when coming to a stop

I have a 1998 Chevy Camaro 3800 series car runs good but I believe the fuel pressure regulator need to be replaced sometime the car stalls and it's hard to start and I smell gas fumes after it runs good horsepower where is the fuel pressure regulator located question is it near the coil pack or do I have to replace the whole fuel rail thank you

Hello there. There are a variety of causes for an engine to be hard to start and stall with your 1989 Chevrolet Camaro. The most common would be a vacuum leak, fuel pump, alternator, wiring harness fault, fuel filter, exhaust leak, or an idle control valve. Before any parts are replaced, your Camaro needs to be diagnosed properly to avoid unneeded repairs. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the hard start and pinpoint the needed repairs to have this addressed.

• I have a 3800 engine the motor is good but it's getting hard to start and sometimes it's stalls out when coming to a stop