Q: Have a 3.8 and I changed the spark control module and the code keeps coming up 1993 Pontiac Bonneville

I changed the spark control module already and the code keeps coming back on after a few minutes of running so what do I do and the security light stays on while running flashing when key is off

Hello - regarding your ignition system problem - it sounds like replacing the spark control module wasn’t the correct "fix". Without knowing what problem code was set, it’s hard to know what the correct response should be. If you can provide the problem code, and more description of any symptoms, that would help us provide guidance for repair. Otherwise, I would recommend a Check Engine service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. Regarding the "Security" warning - your car uses a raised "chip" key, which embeds an electronic chip in the physical key. A key reader in the ignition key lock tumbler reads the key, and allows the car to be started. You will likely need to replace the ignition switch key tumbler (where the key reader is located) and the keys to resolve this problem. Unfortunately, this is not a service YourMechanic offers at this time.

• Have a 3.8 and I changed the spark control module and the code keeps coming up 1993 Pontiac Bonneville