Q: I have a 2015 Chrysler 200. I bought it in Oct 2016 so its been just about 3 months. Oil is at 22℅ and tomorrow morning I have to

I bought it used about 3 months ago from a dealer. Can't get the oil changed before Monday. Oil is at 22℅ I have an hour drive in the morning. Can I add oil until Monday, or is it ok to drive an hour away at 22%? If not, what kind of oil, and how much should I add?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The oil life on the display is telling you this is how long the oil is good for. It is not a measurement of how much oil is in the engine. If the oil is low, you may add some. If the oil is not low, DO NOT add oil. The pressure may become too high and you can do engine and oil system damage. After being used for lubricating and cleaning for so long, the oil breaks down and is incapable of performing it’s duties. You should add oil if it is low, and insect the color of the oil before making the decision to drive it. The blacker the oil the wrose off you are. Driving the vehicle a minor amount in this condition should not be terribly detrimental to the engine. Again, use your best judgement depending on the color of your current oil. For more help changing it and the filter, contact our service department.

• I have a 2015 Chrysler 200. I bought it in Oct 2016 so its been just about 3 months. Oil is at 22℅ and tomorrow morning I have to