Q: I have a 2013 dodge avenger about a month ago i had my serpentine belt replaced i noticed my car was hesitating starting up again

Basically need help asap this is the second belt having to change in a month.

The serpentine belt has little to do with starting the vehicle. It’s function is to drive components like the alternator, power steering pump, water pump and air conditioning compressor. If however, the belt is damaged or stretched, it can cause the battery to drain. Why ? The alternator provides electrical power for the vehicle once the engine is running. If the belt is not spinning the alternator at the proper speed, it will not provide the correct amount of voltage the vehicle requires. When this happens, the electrical system will draw power from the battery. The main purpose of the battery is to start the vehicle. When the electrical system draws power from the battery and the alternator is not turning fast enough to meet the electrical demands of the vehicle and charge the battery, the battery will weaken, which can cause a hard starting. The belt itself may not be the cause, but possibly the belt tensioner. If the proper tension is not kept on the belt, it can slip - it will not spin the alternator and other components as fast as they need to be. Before replacing any other components, have a certified technician look into why the vehicle is hard-starting to find the exact cause and replace the belt tensioner](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/drive-belt-tensioner-replacement) replaced if needed.

• I have a 2013 dodge avenger about a month ago i had my serpentine belt replaced i noticed my car was hesitating starting up again