Q: I have a 2013 civic si 6 speed manual. I was wondering what would cause my transmission to not go into 4th or reverse? All other

Transmission will not go into 4th or reverse. When started and off it goes into all other gears. I was just wondering what would cause this? No sensor lights are on.

Fourth and reverse are low power gears, unlike 1st and 2nd typically. While it’s possibly the early signs of a clutch issue, it’s most likely not. Can you shift into 4th and reverse with the engine off ? If so then maybe, it’s early signs of the clutch going bad. It’s possible that the shifter linkage is loose or out of adjustment. Worst case, it could be internal to the transmission, such as a shifter fork. Have one of our mobile technicians or a local transmission specialist look into the hard shifting as soon as possible.

• I have a 2013 civic si 6 speed manual. I was wondering what would cause my transmission to not go into 4th or reverse? All other