Q: i have a 2012 GTI. The hood pops open with the lever in the car but will not fully open because of the safety latch.

The hood will not open. It pops open with the lever inside the car but will not fully open due to it still being on the safety latch.

Hi there. Overtime hood springs will loose the ability to force the hood up when the hood latch is pulled. It’s best to have an extra set of hands when trying to get it open so one may pull the hood latch while the other pries up slightly on the hood. The hood springs can be replaced with new ones so the hood can function normal again. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a door will not open inspection to determine what needs to be fixed to resolve your issues.

3. i have a 2012 GTI. The hood pops open with the lever in the car but will not fully open because of the safety latch.