Q: I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu 4 cyl 2.4 L . I had to add coolant on a Monday it was way below level but light in dash did not turn o

DEalership did a pressure test on my 2012 malibu on the water pump because i had to add coolant twice in a week (a little less than half a gallon). I asked them to check for a leak. All they said was it failed, but did not say it was leaking. I have not had to add any coolant since I took vehicle for the routine oil change and checking of any leaks back on July 29, 2017. How does a water pump fail other than leaking? Also my temperature gauge has been normal before I took to dealership and after.
Final indication from the dealership : replace water pump and thermostat

3. I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu 4 cyl 2.4 L . I had to add coolant on a Monday it was way below level but light in dash did not turn o