Q: I have a 2011 kia optima I can crank it it will run for like 2 seconds and then it dies.

I have a 2011 kia optima I can turn the key on and let it set for a min then it will crank and run for 2 seconds then it dies

Hi there. First check the battery and make sure that there is a full charge of 12.6 volts. If the battery is low on a charge, then the battery should be placed on a charger or the battery is to be replaced. Then check the fuel pump and make sure that it is working. With the key in the on position, you should hear a humming noise and then the noise should stop. If you do not hear this noise, then the fuel pump is not working. Check the fuel pump relay and see if its clicking on when the key it turned to the ’ON’ position. If the relay is not working, then remove it and check for a voltage at the relay connection. If there is voltage present, then the relay would need replaced. If the relay is clicking, then the fuel pump would need replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 2011 kia optima I can crank it it will run for like 2 seconds and then it dies.