Q: I have a 2010 Mustang. The eletric seat switch stopped working. The dealership said it will cost $1,475.00 to replace the motor, s

My electric seat stopped working completely. I took it to the dealer. They estimated it would cost $1,500.00 for the motors and electrical components! It is on the driver seat. Is this out of control? Thanks!!!

I think you are asking for this "general" sort of repair if "the cost is rational or economically defensible?" The answer is "No". To make any sense of the price, you need a pinpoint diagnostic. In other words, EXACTLY which component has failed? If they did not give you a pinpoint diagnostic, along with accompanying proof that you can understand, then no decision can be made as to the repair because you simply don’t know what is wrong. Once you have in hand a definitive diagnostic, to make sense of the price you were given, all you need do is add up the repair part cost and the labor time to make sense of the economics. Certainly YourMechanic can provide a diagnostic for you so that you know EXACTLY what is going on and, with regard to whatever repair is required, the repair cost will be lower (YourMechanic is mobile). If you want to obtain such a diagnostic, and thence a lower cost repair, please use YourMechanic’s power seat switch/system diagnostic and repair service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I have a 2010 Mustang. The eletric seat switch stopped working. The dealership said it will cost $1,475.00 to replace the motor, s