Q: I have a 2009 vw rid 2.0 AND THE Dpf LIGHT CAME ON AND I LOST POWER DO HAVE TO REPLACE THE DPF?

My car DPF light came on and I LOST POWER while driving volkswagen said my soot level is full why would I lose power

The computer system will go into failure mode and limit the engine power due to needing to do a regeneration of the catalyst. Once you fill the DPF fluid and drive the vehicle the engine can then go into regeneration and should run normal again. If not have the vehicle scanned and checked.

3. I have a 2009 vw rid 2.0 AND THE Dpf LIGHT CAME ON AND I LOST POWER DO HAVE TO REPLACE THE DPF?