Q: I have a 2009 VW Beetle that engine light has cut on. Once the car is in reverse it starts to shake and will cut off. I haven't

The car engine light recently cut on and now it shakes while in reverse and dies. What could it be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically when a vehicle stalls out in a gear, there is a lack of fuel, air or spark. There are a few components that have the job of regulating these when the vehicle is put into gear. Start by cleaning the throttle body, and checking the idle air control valve. These components work together to regulate the amount of air coming into the system when you are not on the gas. If these check out, then you need to look into the fuel supply. Typically a spark issue will show itself right when the vehicle is started and is in park. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a 2009 VW Beetle that engine light has cut on. Once the car is in reverse it starts to shake and will cut off. I haven't