Q: I have a 2009 Saturn aura 2.4l 4cyl when I start the car the rpms go to 4,000 without my touching the gas pedal.

When I start the car the Rpms rise to 4,000 and stay there. The rpms drop down to normal when the car is in reverse or drive but rise when in park or neutral. I cleaned the throttle body and the problem continues to persist. As it is it’s unndrivable. When I press down on the gas while the car is in drive the rpms shoot up to 4,000 again. There’s no check engine light or anything

Hi Dylan. Thanks for contacting us today. There are two likely reasons for this. Either the idle control valve is damaged or the ECU is sending false data to the throttle body or electronic throttle control. It is probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to correctly diagnose this issue correctly.

3. I have a 2009 Saturn aura 2.4l 4cyl when I start the car the rpms go to 4,000 without my touching the gas pedal.