Q: I have a 2008 mercury sable is there a way to just replace the positive terminal or does the whole cable have to be replace. The o

I have a 2008 mercury sable I was wondering if I could replace just the terminal on the positive cable or do I have to replace the whole cable. Also is there a generic cable I can use or do I have to have the factory cable due to the post for the computer hot wire.

If the damaged segment of wiring is short and self contained, that is the entirety of the cable (or harness) is accessible because there are connections (plugs or terminals) on both ends of the harness, it’s not a bad idea to buy a new factory OEM harness. However, if the bad section of wiring, or terminals, is at the end of a long, complex harness, it is usually more practical and more economical to make wiring repairs in the field, thus avoiding the need to buy a factory OEM wiring harnesses. To see what the best approach is in your circumstance, I recommend you request an electric wiring inspection/repair and the responding certified mechanic will get this wiring/terminal problem resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2008 mercury sable is there a way to just replace the positive terminal or does the whole cable have to be replace. The o