Q: I have a 2007 mountaineer and the seat will move on its own. now at times if I get in and the seat doesn't move the car makes a lo

Started with the enter exit seats moving randomly. Then 2 days ago it wouldn't start, made this loud clicking noise and funny sounds from ignition. Then 2 hours later it started. Next day the same thing. Today the seat won't move and as I started it it cranked the Moyer but kept trying to crank on its own. Then I gave it gas and it go finally started.

Power seat malfunctions can be diagnosed and repaired if you request a power seat malfunction diagnostic. With regard to the hard starting, if you are able to get the car to start more readily by fully depressing the accelerator, you may have a fault with the air induction system such as a stuck idle air control valve. There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), malfunctioning idle air control (IAC) valve, vacuum and EGR leaks, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors), and contaminated or old gasoline. To resolve the issue that you are writing in about, please request a hard start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• I have a 2007 mountaineer and the seat will move on its own. now at times if I get in and the seat doesn't move the car makes a lo