Q: I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata 4-speed automatic it drives well no issue besides the gear shaft slips to D (drive) to 1 (manually)

How much will a replacement cost.

This may indicate a failing speed sensor. The transmission speed sensor is a magnetic sensor that provides information related to the speed of the input and output shafts in the transmission, allowing the transmission to shift smoothly. The sensor counts the internal number of revolutions of the transmission and transmits that information to the transmission control unit, where the data is used to determine the rotational speed. As the rotation increases, the control unit directs the changing of gears. When this is not working properly, this may cause the transmission to shift erratically or in some cases not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

• I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata 4-speed automatic it drives well no issue besides the gear shaft slips to D (drive) to 1 (manually)