Q: I have a 2006 pt turbo cruiser and it's not shifting out of 1st gear at times I have to stop restart occasionally to work properly

06 pt turbo cruiser will not shift out of 1 st gear at times I have to stop and restart the car a couple of times to properly work. I was told it was the pressure solenoid in the transmission if so how much will this generally cost to fix because I've been forking out money on this car from day one and tired lol

What you are describing is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. I have a 2006 pt turbo cruiser and it's not shifting out of 1st gear at times I have to stop restart occasionally to work properly