Q: I have a 2006 Ford Mustang with 207,000 miles on it and while on the freeway the car started jerking

I have a 2006 Ford Mustang with 207,000 miles on it and while on the freeway the car started jerking when I stepped on the gas and When I pulled over and tried to drive the car it seemed like it locked up and my engine, battery, and oil lights came on. But the guy who towed my car said it started up and drove easily. I'm confused because there was no smell of noise prior to except for something rattling kind of loud but that started a few days prior to this happening

Based upon the symptoms you are describing, it sounds like you may have a faulty camshaft position sensor. The camshaft position sensor is a magnetic sensor that monitors camshaft speed to regulate ignition timing and fuel injection timing. It gathers and sends information about the car’s camshaft speed to the car’s electronic control module. This information is used by the computer to further calculate the time of ignition and the timing of fuel injection required by the engine. When this is not working properly, you may experience a drop in power, poor idling, poor fuel mileage and problems starting the vehicle. As the sensor begins to fail and gets worse over time as the signal it provides to the computer weakens. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your [camshaft position sensor](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/camshaft-position-sensor-replacement.

3. I have a 2006 Ford Mustang with 207,000 miles on it and while on the freeway the car started jerking