Q: I have a 2006 Ford Focus and want to know how do I turn on the auto lock on this model? And the auto unlock as well... thanks

A list of instructions for enabling the auto lock would be much appreciated - I'm moving to the big city so I'd like to do this.

To enable or disable the auto-lock function, do the following: NOTE that you have 30 seconds to complete the procedure or you must start over.

1. Switch the ignition on.
  2. Press the power door lock button three times.
  3. Switch the ignition off.
  4. Press the power door lock button three times.
  5. Switch the ignition on. The horn will sound indicating the programming mode has been entered. Auto-lock: Once in programming mode, each subsequent short press (less than 1 second) of the power door lock button will toggle auto-lock between on and off. Auto-unlock: Each subsequent long press (more than 2 seconds) of the power door lock button will toggle auto-unlock between on and off. Note: You can enabled or disabled the auto-unlock feature independently of the auto-lock feature.
  3. I have a 2006 Ford Focus and want to know how do I turn on the auto lock on this model? And the auto unlock as well... thanks