Q: I have a 2003 Saturn Ion with a 2.2 ecotec. Recently it has been making a single thud noise when trying to start. It will edvental

I have a 2003 Saturn Ion with a 2.2 ecotec. Recently it has been making a single thud noise when trying to start. It will edventally start but may take a few mins of turning the ignition over. I replaced the starter after this started happening and was good for a few day. Now it has started again and seems to be getting more frequent and having to turn the ignition more times to get it to turn over. ?

Hi there. Sometimes what you are describing is the starter gear not engaging correctly on the flywheel. In other cases, this type of sound upon start up is caused by a drive or serpentine belt pulley that is worn out or another pulley on the vehicle. It’s also possible that this is an internal engine component that might be the source of the noise. Due to the multiple possibilities, it is probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can isolate the source of this noise and recommend the right repairs.

3. I have a 2003 Saturn Ion with a 2.2 ecotec. Recently it has been making a single thud noise when trying to start. It will edvental