Q: I have a 2003 Ford F350 Super Cab dually, rear wheel drive. I am trying to replace the front rotors, but cannot get the old rotor

pushing with bolts through the caliper mount. whacking with hammer. cussing. looking online, including YouTube.

A: Your issue is a tough one to give guidance ...

Your issue is a tough one to give guidance on. If you have researched you have probably heard anything and everything I have to tell you. The only option I see that you may have not tried is chemical solvents. You should try using a brake cleaner, or some form of, to help loosen up the rotor.

Keep in mind to keep it simple. Take a good hard look at the rotor and decide what is keeping it on. Is it damaged? Is something around it damaged? Is it just brake dust and rust that is causing the issue? Then take the steps you need to solve the issue another way besides physically beating it off.

Keep in mind all the force goes somewhere and you may be doing damage that's not apparent in the moment, if your not careful. Let leverage work with you.

If you're not able to get it fixed yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and assist you with the replacement of your brake rotors.