Q: I have a 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 liter my reverse just stopped working all of my other gears work fine including Overdrive dude w

My reverse just stopped working all of my other gears still work and the transmission was under minimal stress the transmission fluid is full nor does it smell like burnt

Even with the fluid appearing to be in good condition, something inside the transmission may have failed. The valve body is comprised of multiple passages of different length and diameter to control fluid pressure to each gear. If the reverse gear fluid passage has become blocked, this will effect fluid pressure to reverse, possible preventing it from engaging. The reverse gear set / clutch pack can also be the cause. It may be best to have a local transmission specialist inspect the transmission.

3. I have a 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 liter my reverse just stopped working all of my other gears work fine including Overdrive dude w