Q: I have a 2002 RAV 4 front wheel drive trying to see how to get the back drum off

ok i have a 2002 RAV 4 front wheel drive i am trying to figure to get the rear drum off

A: Hello. Many times, rear drum brakes can be ...

Hello. Many times, rear drum brakes can be difficult to remove. I would recommend ensuring that the parking brake is not applied. Then, if you are comfortable with this, I would hit the drum brake with a hammer very hard on one side than the other side until it breaks free. Often times there are threaded holes in the drum that allow you to screw bolts into them and use a impact gun to remove the drum. If you need help removing and/or installing a rear brake drum, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to perform this task.