Q: I have a 2002 pt cruiser today I had to jump started and on the road the radio would tyen on and off the mileage light would flick

I have a 2002 pt cruiser today I had to jump started and on the road the radio would turn on and off the mileage light would flicker and sometimes it would feel like if it was losing power when I would stop at a red light

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely experiencing an issue with the alternator or charging system. When the vehicle is running at a higher RPM, the alternator is working harder to produce more electricity. When you come to a stop the RPMs are lower, and there is not as much electrical power coming from the charging system. It is likely that the alternator or the battery have failed, and will not let you hold a charge. Start by having the battery tested, and then look to the alternator next. Both of these components can be removed from the vehicle and tested at most parts stores, or if you are equipped with a voltmeter, they can be tested in vehicle. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• I have a 2002 pt cruiser today I had to jump started and on the road the radio would tyen on and off the mileage light would flick