Q: I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SES with no manuals. WhT type fuel filter does it take.

Just purchased 202 Ford Taurus SES. Has no manuals. What fuel filter to use for replacement?

The fuel filter should be a YF1Z-9155-CA. This is Ford part number. Any parts store will have application for the replacement aftermarket filter.

Your Taurus uses an inline, canister-type fuel filter. It is mounted to the left-hand side frame rail, underneath the vehicle. Be sure to relieve the pressure in the fuel system before you attempt to remove the filter, as there could be quite a bit of fuel pressure still in the system. The Ford part number is: YF1Z9155CA and the Fram brand replacement part number is: G8758. This type of filter uses clips to retain the inlet and outlet lines onto the filter, and a worm-gear type clamp to retain the filter onto its mounting bracket. If this is something that you feel you could use a hand with, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SES with no manuals. WhT type fuel filter does it take.