Q: Driving my minivan two days ago it felt like the transmission wasn't shifting right but on my way home I heard a weird noise 2001 Mazda MPV

What is causing this

Hi there - check your transmission fluid level first - make sure the fluid is relatively clear (vs cloudy) and closer to pink-red than black (dirty), as well as being at the correct level. Check also for problem codes, whether the "Check Engine" light is on or not. Most auto parts stores will do this for you for free on a "time-available" basis. Without hearing the noises you mention, or a more descriptive set of symptoms (not upshifting at the right time, "flaring" or the feeling that the transmission is slipping on upshifts, etc.). I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Driving my minivan two days ago it felt like the transmission wasn't shifting right but on my way home I heard a weird noise 2001 Mazda MPV