Q: I have a 2001 Jetta Volkswagen and I want to start it one day the car will turn on but won't start what could the problem be ?

Hi I just recently bought a 2001 Jetta Volkswagen for 2500 it has almost 117,000 miles on it I want to start it one day and it wouldn't start. The lights and everything will turn on but the car won't start what could the problem be ??

Hello. Does the engine attempt to fire up and start at all? If not the starter is not working, or is not receiving enough power. The starter can be removed and bench tested, however these tests can be false. They do not load test the starter. The battery may also be strong enough to power lights and electronics, but not be powerful enough to turn over the starter and engine. You can test this by jump starting the vehicle. If the jump start works, the battery was either drained, is failing, or the alternator is failing to charge the battery. Both of the battery and the alternator can be removed from the vehicle and tested. You can usually have this done at your local auto parts stores. If the starter is turning over the engine, then you have a fuel, spark, or sensor issue. Either way, further testing must be done to find what is keeping the vehicle from starting.

3. I have a 2001 Jetta Volkswagen and I want to start it one day the car will turn on but won't start what could the problem be ?