Q: I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 5.9 V8 2 wheel drive. occasionally my truck will lurch or skip a beat. my rpm will go up and down. an

My truck lurches occasionally and the rpms will jump up and down. Help thank you

There are no technical bulletins pertaining to this problem. The problem may be due to the ignition system misfiring from an ignition wire or coil short or spark plugs worn. You should have the computer scanned to see if one or more cylinders are misfiring and have those plug and wires or coils checked for shorting or other problems. If problem is not an ignition system problem and may be a transmission problem that is causing the jerking and would need additional diagnosis by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.

3. I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 5.9 V8 2 wheel drive. occasionally my truck will lurch or skip a beat. my rpm will go up and down. an