Q: I have a 2001 buick century it heater wasn't blowing hot, kept saying low coolant, would add half gal to gallon of antifreeze.

Engine overheating, continually says low coolant, heater not hot, add fluid still says low coolant, ran sluggish, lost power on acceleration, backfired, overflow bubbled, car died would not start and run. Is this head gasket, intake manifold gasket or intake temp sensor? Intake temp sensor is unplugged for fans to come on otherwise fans didn't work. Changed fan relay and thermostat before we unplugged intake temp sensor so fans would work. Since it lost power and backfired on acceleration and died Now car won't start and run. Started having coolant leak a month prior to it breaking down

Hi there. When the heater doesn’t work, it’s commonly accompanied by an overheating problem. This could be caused by a broken heater core, a clogged heater core or perhaps as you’ve indicated, a broken head gasket. I would highly recommend that you have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is overheating inspection so they can pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. I have a 2001 buick century it heater wasn't blowing hot, kept saying low coolant, would add half gal to gallon of antifreeze.