Q: I have a 2001 Acura TL, today as I was driving from work about 5 minutes before getting home I noticed an odd smell,

I have a 2001 Acura TL, today as I was driving from work about 5 minutes before getting home I noticed an odd smell,

Vehicles odors can arise from mildew in the air conditioning system, oil leaks under the hood, or fuel and exhaust leaks. If you have an oil, fuel or exhaust leak, that should be repaired due to the obvious safety hazard. Occasionally, just due to the weather, exhaust fumes can get drawn into cabin air. At no time, however, is it normal for significant amounts of raw gasoline to be in the air, or leaking as a liquid, especially on a modern car which has sophisticated systems to capture any potential fugitive emissions of vaporous gasoline. If this was a one-off incident, and just limited to say exhaust odor, not to worry but if you regularly detect the distinct odor of raw gasoline, that should be investigated at once because leaking gasoline is a fire/explosion hazard. With regard to leaks (oil, exhaust or gasoline, liquid or vapor), if you desire a comprehensive safety inspection performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a vehicle safety inspection and the responding certified mechanic will address all of your concerns and look at the condition of your entire vehicle. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2001 Acura TL, today as I was driving from work about 5 minutes before getting home I noticed an odd smell,