Q: I have a 2000 Volvo S40 my neither my turn signals or hazards work. I can get the turn signals to work by pressing the hazards button.

I have a 2000 Volvo S 40 neither my turn signals or hazards work I can get the turn signals to work by pressing the hazards button I've replaced the hazard switch and the relay what could it be

Hi there. Check the wiring from the turn signal switch to the relay and the wiring from the hazard light switch to the relay. There is a short in the wiring causing the lights to function off each other. The hazard lights switch is on a separate circuit than the turn signal switch. Replace any wiring that is burnt, broken, or damaged causing the short. If you need further assistance with your flashing lights, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have a 2000 Volvo S40 my neither my turn signals or hazards work. I can get the turn signals to work by pressing the hazards button.