Q: I have a 2000 pontiac grand am 2 door with 3.4 l and v6 what speed sensor do I need . My speedometer isn't working

I'm buying a used car. The speedometer says 197000 miles but the seller says the engine was replaced with one with 80000 miles on it. No paperwork. The speedometer doesn't work . What speedometer do I need to fix this

The speedometer/odometer in your car is electronic and, as far as the dashboard display for speed, relies on a mini "stepper motor". The dash display (utilizing the stepper motor), the wiring to the dash, and/or the sensor that detects axle revolutions could be faulty. To pinpoint the fault, a mechanic will use a "diagnostic decision tree" that is published in the factory service manual. The "decision tree" provides a methodical, step-by-step process that will pinpoint the fault in the most efficient manner possible. If you desire a diagnostic of this issue and a repair, please request a speedometer inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2000 pontiac grand am 2 door with 3.4 l and v6 what speed sensor do I need . My speedometer isn't working