Q: I have a 2000 dodge ram 2500 and it wont shift gears so I plugged in my code reader to see if it would pull up anycodes vut no pwr

I have a 2000 dodge ram 2500 and it wont shift gears so I plugged in my code reader to see if it would pull up any codes and now there is no power to the port

A: Often, this is caused by a blown fuse in th...

Often, this is caused by a blown fuse in the battery power circuit of the OBD port. It is pin #16 that is B+ on all modern vehicles, such as yours. It appears as though this is fuse #12 on your vehicle, which is a 10 amp fuse. This is located in the engine compartment junction box.

If this fuse is not the problem, I suggest you have a trained professional diagnose and repair this problem for you. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option for an inspection of your shifting issue since we make house calls.