Q: I have a 2000 dodge durango 5.2 liter and I'm pretty sure it over heated while I was driving and it started leaking somtjing unde

I have a 2000 dodge durango 5.2 liter and I'm pretty sure it over heated while I was driving and it started leaking somtjing underneath at first then I turned around to hurry home before I got there it said the needle was on red temperature and it shut off while smoking out of my engine but it has a brown muddy stuff inside my radiator cap but oil is fine?

Hello. It is likely that the wrong coolant was added in your vehicle. The coolant that comes in your vehicle from Dodge is an orange colored coolant called HOAT. This coolant is often confused with a coolant used in most GM vehicles called DEX cool. DEX coolant will sludge into a brown mud like form if not changed at regular intervals. It is likely that someone added Dex Coolant mistakenly which is not compatible in your Dodge. That brown muddy substance could be clogging up your system and preventing your coolant from circulating. I suggest to pressure test the system for leaks and doing a very thorough coolant system flush

• I have a 2000 dodge durango 5.2 liter and I'm pretty sure it over heated while I was driving and it started leaking somtjing unde