Q: I have a 2000 budget

When I start the vehicle it starts up right away. However, the engine shakes incredibly. My car makes an odd noise, the exhaust pipe shakes and acts as if its clogged, It only shakes while I drive it. The exhaust pipe sounds clogged. Smells like fire also. When I accelerate it doesn't really accelerate.

If there is an exhaust system restriction that can be determined during an exhaust system inspection. It is possible for a restriction to account for your difficulty but it is also possible that the problem you are having just mimics a restriction and thus the actual fault lies elsewhere in the engine or engine management systems. There could also be multiple faults in an engine particularly in older cars. It is possible that diagnostic trouble codes have set and a mechanic would first attempt to retrieve those codes using an appropriate scan tool. If codes have set that will greatly aid the diagnostic. Overall, I recommend that you request a rough running diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will travel right to your location and get the rough idle and failure to accelerate diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. I have a 2000 budget