Q: I have a 2000 automatic mustang it is very difficult to get out of park I notice the red and green wire on the floor is very loose

I have a 2000 automatic mustang it is very difficult to get out of park I notice the red and green wire on the floor is very loose and frayed could this be the issue and can just the wire be replaced I currently have to put in neutral with the ebraketo park

3. I have a 2000 automatic mustang it is very difficult to get out of park I notice the red and green wire on the floor is very loose