Q: I have a 2000 automatic mustang it is very difficult to get out of park I notice the red and green wire on the floor is very loose

I have a 2000 automatic mustang it is very difficult to get out of park I notice the red and green wire on the floor is very loose and frayed could this be the issue and can just the wire be replaced I currently have to put in neutral with the ebraketo park

The wires that are frayed can be the cause of the shift interlock no unlocking the shifter. Have them repaired or shift interlock actuator replaced if not repairable.

3. I have a 2000 automatic mustang it is very difficult to get out of park I notice the red and green wire on the floor is very loose