Q: I have a 2000 and for a Grand Cherokee Jeep Laredo sometimes the AC works sometimes it doesn't what can I do?

My AC sometimes works sometimes doesn't what could cause this?

Hi there. Your car’s air conditioning system uses a refrigerant that takes on different characteristics at different pressures. Under low pressure, the refrigerant is a gas. Under high pressure, it’s a liquid. This means there are technically two “sides” to the AC system – the high pressure side and the low pressure side. Both sides must monitor pressure to ensure safe operation. One of the safety features built into modern air conditioning systems is a pressure switch – the AC low pressure switch is designed to trip if there’s a pressure-related issue on the low side, and the high pressure switch on the high side. This is usually the source of an inconsistent operating AC system. However, it could also be related to a pressure leak or compressor issue, so it might be a better idea to have a professional mobile mechanic from our team come to your location and complete an AC is not working inspection, so they can verify what is causing this issue and make the right repairs.

3. I have a 2000 and for a Grand Cherokee Jeep Laredo sometimes the AC works sometimes it doesn't what can I do?