Q: I have a 2000 acur tl, the hood wont close all the way, my assupmtion is b/c of the plactic panel is in bad shape, if i remove thi

I have a 2000 acur tl, the hood wont close all the way, my assupmtion is b/c of the plactic panel is in bad shape, if i remove this panel(it sits right on top of the radiator) will this effect the car in any way ? Also if you have an actual name for it as well would be great b/c if i shouldnt take it off i would like to replace it

Hi Peter. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s possible that the source of the hood closure is due to a misalignment of a support panel. However, there are other reasons such as a stuck hood latch, bent housing or other possible sources. If you’re going to attempt repairs on your own anyways, it would be a smart idea to purchase a service and repair manual for your vehicle, so you can correctly learn the procedures and identify the parts needed.

3. I have a 2000 acur tl, the hood wont close all the way, my assupmtion is b/c of the plactic panel is in bad shape, if i remove thi