Q: I have a 1999 Honda Civic Cx when i started it the dash gagues started blinking and clicking noise under dash.

Ive recently replaced the distributer in my 1999 Honda Civic. I took it out for a drive when i got it, and everything was fine. However, this morning when i started the car the first thing i noticed was a loud fast clicking noise coming from under the dash somewhere the drivers side. It sounded just like the turn signal clicking. Then i noticed the gague cluster in the dash was blinking, all of the gagues blinked. So i turned the engine off and took the key out and the clicking noise and blinking continued but also my parking lights were blinking and the alarm thst sounds when you've lefr your keys in the ignition or left your lights on, it was now beeping with three blinking and clicking. It continued to do all of those things for maybe 90 seconds after id removed the key from ignition. Please help!!

This may be related to an electrical short, a faulty gauge cluster or a faulty instrument cluster voltage regulator. The instrument voltage regulator regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges or lights in your dash to dim or flicker erratically or in some cases provide false readings. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. I have a 1999 Honda Civic Cx when i started it the dash gagues started blinking and clicking noise under dash.