Q: I have a 1998 lexus gs4oo. I was driving it, and all of a sudden it started to die on me, it didn't die all of a sudden ,it kinda

I was driving the car and all of a sudden it started to die on me, it didn't die all of a sudden but acted as if it wasn't getting any fire or fuel... what would I check first to see whats the problem? What would you think is wrong with it? Thanks

There are a couple of sensors in your car that regulate the flow of fuel and air into the car’s engine. One is called a mass air flow sensor. This regulates the air flow into the car’s engine to make sure it mixes the proper amount of fuel as it goes into the engine. When this is faulty it will cause it to run very intermittently as you describe. Secondly, there is another sensor called a throttle position sensor that monitors the position of your foot on the pedal as you increase and decrease the amount of fuel to the engine. When this is faulty it can relay false information to the ECM which will make false corrections to the fuel and air flow ratio causing it to run as you have described. I would suggest having a local mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the stalling issue in order to have this corrected.

3. I have a 1998 lexus gs4oo. I was driving it, and all of a sudden it started to die on me, it didn't die all of a sudden ,it kinda