Q: I have a 1997 KB 200 Isuzu, the oil is coming out through the dipstick hole. What could be the problem?

The oil is coming out through the dipstick hole and if the dipstick is removed as soon as the engine is switched off the oil splashes out through the dipstick hole. what could be the cause as now i can not drive it as i think it will damage the eingine Thusego Kabo

A: Hello. First thing to check with the vehicl...

Hello. First thing to check with the vehicle on a flat surface is if the engine oil is over-filled. Overfilling the oil can cause oil-foaming which will force oil foam out of the engine. Next thing to check for are clogged or gunked up PCV valves or other crankcase ventilation hoses.

It is possible to seal the crankcase unintentionally - pressure builds up, and oil, or oil spray, will be forced out wherever resistance is least (the oil dipstick is a popular indicator). It will literally be forced up out of the tube it resides in. If you would like to have an expert guide you through this repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to pinpoint the correct fix for the oil leak so that this can be resolved.