Q: I have a 1995 BMW 318Ti 97K miles. The ignition position seems to be moving further and now the key is parallel in the start posi

I have a 1995 BMW 318Ti 97K miles. The ignition start position seems to be moving further forward and now the key is parallel in the start position and it takes a second or two after twisting it to start to actually start the car.

Hi Rick. Thanks for contacting us today. The ignition cylinder is made up of multiple tumblers and springs, that all work together to activate independent positions for the key and the cylinder to activate. If the key is moving forward with each incremental position, it’s likely that the inner components of the ignition cylinder are damaged. The solution to this problem is to have the ignition cylinder replaced by a professional mechanic.

3. I have a 1995 BMW 318Ti 97K miles. The ignition position seems to be moving further and now the key is parallel in the start posi